Thursday, September 01, 2005

Leave Leave Leave...

Will be on leave for the next few day before my last day at work. Kinda sad that I am leaving. The friends that I have made there and also the 'feelings' that I have for my job...(crap!!)

Okie okie...Friends definitely. Friends that you can count on and friends that are just there for you to bitch with...but most of them there are just mere acquaintance...

Things that I would miss about working there are that I don't have to worry what to have for lunch (though the food sometimes tastes crappy...only eggs there taste good...) as it is all prepared for you, don't have to worry what to wear everyday (same green outfit everyday...), don't need to worry if I won't be getting any bonus (3 times a year...where to find...)...and ask me to state more...Don't think I can think of any. It's not that I don't like my job but it is just that experience there made me give up hope on certain things. It made me a very sad person.

Enough of the shitty stuff. It’s back to job finding days again. Was thinking of sending my resume to the job agencies but after talking to Minie, I don't think I wanna place my trust in these agencies when they don't even bother to read your resume before helping you to find a suitable job. Apparently, one job agency called her up to ask a few questions.

A - 'Hello, you stated that you are taking an English course. What is it about?'

M - 'Oh, for this English Course, it would allow me to teach English in the future.'

A - 'So what exactly is it about?'

M - 'For me to be able to teach English if I wish to in the future.'

A- 'Errr..ok...So, is it a part time course or a full time course?'

M - 'Neither. I don't have to attend any lessons. All I have to do is go online, get my assignment, complete it and submit it online.'

A - 'So, is it considered a part time or a full time course?'

M - 'How do I consider if it is a full time or a part time course?'

A- 'Never mind. So, you were working before. How did you manage to do your homework?'

M - 'I do my homework after work when I get home and submit it ONLINE...using the INTERNET...'

A - 'I know what online is. You don't have to emphasize on the online thing. So, you studied in secondary school for 3 yrs?'

M - 'Huh? 3 yrs?'

A - 'Yes. You stated that you were in secondary school from 1993 to 1997.'

M - 'I don't know if my math is wrong but 1993 to 1997 is 4 yrs.'

A - 'No..1993 to 1997 is 3 yrs. Ok, whatever. By the way, are you a Chinese or Malay?'

M - 'Did you read my resume?'

A - 'Yes..'

M - 'If you have read my resume, you wouldn't be asking me this kind of questions. Excuse me.' (hangs up phone)

How lah like that?? Better still....she received an email from another job agency...

' I am glad to inform you that there are 2 jobs available that might be suitable for you. Thank you.'

When she read on, she realised that the 2 jobs available are looking for people with degree and she don't remember stating that she has a degree of any sort...

So am I still gonna send my resume to job agencies??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home