Friday, August 18, 2006

Mala Steamboat

This time I forgotten to note the name of the shop. Went to a 'mala' steamboat place with Fong Men and Ying Xiu. Think it's called Zhen Zhong x x x x something off Liang Seah Street.

Didn't take many pics this time round cause we were too busy with the food.....




'Mala' broth and Chicken broth. Can you see all the chilli oil, pepper corn and dried chilli in the broth? We ordered 'xiao la' cause we didn't know what to expect. It was quite spicy on the first try but it got quite mild after drinking it a few more times. So we asked the uncle for more chilli....Shoik ah. It is one of the better tasting 'mala' broth that I have had in Singapore. And of course I still miss the one that I had in Taiwan....



The variety of food choice is not alot but how much can 3 gals eat??

See the amount of chilli oil and chilli that we 'fished' out....



This is a must have dip when you are having 'mala'. It is a mixture of sesame paste, peanut paste, light soya sauce, sesame oil (2 types), chilli and 'wan sui'. Put them all together in a bowl and give it a good mix. Nice.

We are planning to go there again. This time me and Ying Xui will have one table to ourselves. We are going to have 'mala' and tomyam. Then Fong Men and Joan can share another table. Chicken broth and 'bak kut' broth. I am drooling already....

Food Ratings : * * * * *


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home