Friday, July 07, 2006

I Am Singaporean

I remembered the time when I only had to spend 50 cents at the hawker center to get a nice plate of rojak. Now, it cost me at least $2.


I joined the Army, thinking that it would be a stable job. Then I was being 'kicked' aside when I injured myself during the tough trainings that they gave us. But now, they are training boy scouts and girl guides in there. Every little thing also complain. How to protect Singapore like that?


I was with the 'Human Resource Dept' for one of Singapore's largest organisation. But when I left and stepped into the outside world, they told me that my 2 yrs of experience there was not recognised.


Now every morning, I have to be garang and 'fight' my way through aunties, uncles and school kids who refuse to let me off the train. And I remembered one of them telling me, ' Ke si lah' (in hokkien) just because I bumped into her when I was alighting the train. From the looks of it, she's one step closer to the grave than I am. Pui!


I am trying to quit smoking totally so that I can buy more shoes and clothes for work. Cannot dress too casually or people say we boh chap. Must look like professionals or we will be called 'low class' workers. But what is the point of shopping during the GSS when some of the things are not even cheap at all?


I used to pay income tax because my pay was quite 'high'. But now that I don't have to, one less thing for me to grumble.


I used to have enough money to survive the whole month and more. But now, I can only barely survive for one month. Will be in debt helping to pay the bills for the new house. Ah B cannot be handling it all alone.


I spend most of my time calculating my finances. Hoping that the price of things don't rise again.


I am a Singaporean...


So say we all!


So say we all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home