Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Xiao Niang Er

Watching 'Xiao Niang Er' really bring back memories. I remembered the time when my Chor Chor and Mama was still staying with us, we would get uber delicious Peranakan food everyday!

My Chor Chor was the best cook ever! Her ahcha, ayam buah keluak, babi pong tay, bak wan kepiting and the list goes on. My Dad got his good cooking skills from my Chor Chor. To bad I was too young to learn from her when she was around.

Chor Chor was a very strict woman. I remembered that every weekend, my cousins would come over to play. Everytime any of us told a lie, we would get chilli padi rubbed all over our mouths. Imagine the pain! And if we ever fought with one another, we would get chilli padi rubbed all over our hands! Uber pain!

And whenever Dad and Mom are out, Chor Chor would asked Mama and me to play chitki. But ever since Chor Chor left us, I haven't been playing it since.

I was Chor Chor's pet. She never let Dad hit me. Everytime Dad tried to hit me with the cane, Chor Chor would snatch it away from him and hit him. Then she would make sure that I stick with her the whole day.

She passed away in her sleep one morning. I remembered my Mom coming over to school to get me and we headed for her funeral. I miss Chor Chor. Everytime when I feel upset, I would think of her and talk to her. And all the sadness would go away. Sometimes I wish I could taste her cooking again.

But for now, my Dad's cooking is the best!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home